1) Cut back on Sugar [Reducing Sugar intake LOWERS Cholesterol]
2) Cut back on carbs [Rice/potatoes/pasta/bread turn into sugar]
3) Avoid processed foods [Fresh/Natural foods are Best]
4) Snack on fruits and vegetables [Nobody gets obese doing this]
5) Try to get 20-30 grams of protein per meal [Muscle burns fat]
6) Use Real Butter [Low fat diets keep you hungry]
7) Never use Margarine aka hydrogenated oil/Trans fat
[Trans fat Increases Heart disease risk!]
8) Seek out Good Fats – sardines, salmon, tuna, walnuts and flax seeds or oil.
9) Avoid Corn oil, Safflower, Sunflower and Cottonseed oils – very high omega 6 to 3 ratio = bad.
10) Use Olive oil, Peanut oil or Lard – they are “heat stable”, lower in omega 6, high in omega 9.
11) Omega 3 oils are destroyed by heat. [Not “heat stable”]
12) 3% of you calories should come from the EFA’s
13) Take a Flax oil supplement – it helps you burn fat [contains ALA and LA – essential fatty acids or EFA’s]
14) Take a quality Fish oil or Krill oil – helps avoid depression, heart helper [contain DHA and EPA]
15) Eat 2 eggs per day [AHA study showed no increase in cholesterol]
16) Get 30 minutes of Sunlight per day [Boosts Vitamin D]
17) Avoid dark Colas [Phosphorus robs Calcium from our Bones]
18) Take a “Multiple Vitamin” [Chelated versions are best]
19) Consider a MCHA based Calcium supplement [Calcium carbonate = Limestone, a rock]
20) Exercise, stay active, but keep it FUN [Make a Commitment]
To achieve full spectrum nutrition we all need to supplement our diets.
Supplements to consider:
1) Get a good multiple vitamin/mineral product. Versions with “Chelated” minerals are best. I also like those with some plant based vitamins.
2) Take a quality Calcium product. Look for MCHA as the calcium source and one that includes Magnesium, vitamin D and some assorted trace minerals.
3) Take Omega 3 oils. Flax oil is the best to start. Adding Krill or fish oil later [BTW – Krill oil in the container has a distinctive odor – if you place 3-4 desiccant packs in the bottle and refrigerate it, the odor is gone in 12 hours]
4) Find a good Colloidal mineral product for trace minerals. Make sure it’s from Humic shale and NOT ionic minerals. Humic shale is the “fossilized” remains of the dinosaur days. Plant based colloidal minerals are 98% absorbed.
As always, feel free to comment or message questions or concerns.
If you like this post and this page be sure to “LIKE” both before you leave.